Advanced skiers and beginners alike realize how important it is to only go down the slopes with best ski pants for them. To help you with this, keep on reading to discover the best womens ski pants!
These will help protect you from the elements, will help you stay warm and also dry even as you are working up a sweat on the slopes.
For our list, we picked the products based on their features (breathability, weather protecting features, water resistance, etc.) as well as on their pros and cons as reported by all users.
So get ready to slide down that slope in style and, most importantly, safely!
Top 5 Best Women’s Ski Pants – Editor’s Pick
Below we have gathered the top 5 best womens ski pants in a comparison table that outlines two very important features.
Get It AT
|Arctix Insulated Snow Pant
|XS – XXL
|Columbia Bugaboo Pant
|S – XL
|Duofold Thermal Legging
|S – XL
|APTRO Ski Pants
|S – XXL
|Mountain Warehouse Mesa Extreme
|Available in all sizes
10. Arctix Women’s Snow Sports Insulated Cargo Pants
Ideal for: All types of skiing
We kick off this list with a pair of insulated ski pants from Arctix that seem to have been built with comfort in mind. They are cargo-style pants made all the comfier by their adjustable waist and low bulk.
Most importantly, you know you will stay warm and dry in them – mostly thanks to their construction.
These pants come with a ThermaTech insulated inner layer and a wind and water-resistant outer shell.
You also get boot gaiters with grippers that will help create a seamless end with the ski boots so that the body warmth will stay in but the moisture will get out.
- Machine washable for ease of maintenance
- Come with a pull-on closure and boot zippers – easy to put on or take off
- Reinforced ankles, hem guards, and scuff
- Check the sizing – seem to be a small fit, so ideally order a size up
9. ZSHOW Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Ski Pants
Ideal for: Mountaineering
These ski pants for women are made of 5% spandex and 95% polyester. They have an elastic waist and a slimming fit on the leg which makes them comfortable and easy wear for multiple occasions.
Additionally, the material has a micro-fleece lining that ensures you’ll stay warm at all times.
Their surface layer ensures their wind and water resistance – they are also water repellent.
You can both machine and hand wash this pair of ski pants, so they are easy to care for and maintain too.
- Adjustable drawcords
- Elastic waist
- Pocket zippers for convenient storage
- Improved waterproofing and breathability
- The sizes might be bigger than expected, which makes it harder to get the right fit
8. Geval Women’s Outdoor Fleece Snow Pants
Ideal for: Backcountry Skiers
If you are looking for the best womens ski pants that are neither too thick nor bulky, then you’ll just love these Geval Women’s Fleece Pants.
They have a flattering and comfortable fit that makes them ideal for fitting the slopes as well as the cabin afterward.
As they are also very flexible and you can easily move around in them, you can use the pants for a variety of winter sports – but they might break more easily too.
Still, you get a great pair of ski pants that’s easy to put on thanks to the zip closure. The two zip pockets mean you can safely and easily carry your belongings as well.
- Safe, flexible, breathable, and easy fit
- Comfortable – made from high quality and soft materials
- Come with a polar fleece-lined inner layer and a water-repellent coated surface one
- The seams are not well done, so they might break easily
7. Woolx Women’s Wool Leggings
Ideal for: Backcountry skiing
These WoolX women leggings are not your average ski pants – but that makes them all the better as you can wear them in various situations.
They should be used as a base layer that will offer a comfortable experience while hiking, biking, skiing, running, and snowshoeing in freezing temperatures.
You get regulated warmth to keep you warm and cozy in all weather conditions thanks to their Australian Merino wool fabric. Still, they are soft, no-itch, and breathable so that any moisture will get easily eliminated.
- Moisture-wicking and breathable
- Multi-purpose leggings – great for layering
- No chafing, bunching or slipping – washable too
- Feminine fit
- The waistband might cause irritations on more sensitive skin
6. Duofold Women’s Thermal Leggings
Ideal for: Resort skiing
These Duofold leggings will ensure you are dry and warm as you go outside on a cold day. They are made out of a super soft and thermal fabric that ‘locks’ onto your body so you won’t loose any warmth.
Plus, besides being breathable, they also have moisture-wicking properties and will dry quickly in case you do get wet.
All in all, this recommends them as one of the best picks for high motion exercises too.
- Comfortable and breathable fabric
- Locks onto the body to keep you warm
- Sleek fit with no-chafe, flat-locked seams
- The waist is too high for some women
Recommended: The Best Skis for Beginners & Things to Know
5. Arctix Women’s Insulated Snow Pant
Ideal for: Mountain skiers
As a mountain skier, you will be looking for warm and comfortable ski pants, and that is exactly what these Arctix pants will offer you.
Moreover, they come with boot gaiters that have grippers and form a seamless integration with your boots.
This helps lock in the warmth and keep any moisture at bay.
As expected from some of the best womens ski pants, this pair is easy to put on and take off – after all, it comes with boot zippers.
- Denier ballistic reinforcement at the ankle
- Come with ThermaTech insulation for increased warmth without any additional bulk
- You get pockets as well as a multi-purpose O-ring
- The pants are too long in the leg for the average height
4. Columbia Sportswear Women’s Bugaboo Pant
Ideal for: Backcountry Skiers
This Columbia Bugaboo pair will be perfect for women that worry about finding pants that fit both at the hips and at the waist.
Firstly, they come with an adjustable waist, so you can cross that off the list.
Secondly, these pants are designed to have an adjustable leg gaiter, that will help ensure a perfect fit.
Besides, they aren’t bulky or thick, so you should move around freely and comfortably in them.
- Easy to clean
- Feature a snap closure and are made of quality materials
- Have a reinforced leg hem for extra security
- The leg design might be unflattering for petite women
3. Duofold Women’s Fleece Lined Thermal Legging
Ideal for: Resort skiers
The first thing you will notice about these leggings is that they have soft stitching. This means they will be both comfortable and will keep your skin from itching.
Duofold’s pants are machine washable so they are easy to take care of and maintain.
Their quick-drying vapor technology means moisture will evaporate fast even if you sweat in them. They also prevent the loss of body heat – and without adding any weight too.
- Lightweight, stretchable, and comfortable
- Allow for a wider range of movements
- Made of anti-allergic materials
- Pull-on closure and chafe-resistant stitching features
- They might be larger than the sizes indicated – double-check before buying
2. APTRO Women’s Ski Snowboarding Pants
Ideal for: All winter sports
This is another of the best womens ski pants that will help keep you comfortable and active throughout the cold season.
APTRO’s pants are made with a high water and windproof technology that also increases their heat preservation, wear resistance, and breathability properties.
These women’s pants are a great fit for all outdoor winter activities: from skiing to mountain climbing and others!
They also come in various color options – so you can pick one that fits your tastes without ay functionality sacrifices.
- Inner thigh vents for improved ventilation
- Multiple color selection
- Durable and convenient for a variety of winter outdoor activities
- Waterproof and windproof outdoors pants
- They might not be windproof enough for really heavy winds
- It is a bit tricky getting the right size – double-check the sizings
Suggested: The Best Snowboards to Ride this Year!
1. Mountain Warehouse Mesa Extreme Women’s Ski Pants
Ideal for: Mountain skiers
You will simply love these ski pants for how stretchy and comfortable they are.
These Mountain Warehouse soft shell pants are made of high-quality materials that guarantee that they will remain functional and comfortable for a long period of time.
Besides, they are also flattering on the body and will help you look just as great as you feel.
But on to the practical details – they are made with a waterproof fabric and use ISODRY to keep you dry and perspiration-free.
These pants also use RECCO reflectors – an advanced rescue technology.
They are machine washable – but be sure to follow the instructions very strictly.
- Comfortable, warm, breathable, and stretchable
- Fleece-lined and zippered pockets
- You also get ankle zips and snow gaiters so no snow will get in
- They are a bit big – it might be better to order a size down
The products reviewed above will hopefully – definitely help narrow down your search for the best womens ski pants. All of them come with all those much-needed elements that make ski pants comfortable and warm.
They also have other great features as well and are useful for various winter sports and interests. Now all that’s left is to pick one, put on your ski jackets, and hit the slopes!
Feel free to mention in a comment any other pairs that you think should have been included in this article about women’s ski pants!
Recommended Read: The Best Fleece Jackets for Women to Brave the Cold