When you are getting ready to hit the slopes, you should always make sure you are packing all the gear you need to enjoy your experience and stay safe while boarding. One way of how you can stay safe is by wearing the best snowboard helmet.
These helmets work to protect your head and neck from injury while snowboarding, but finding the right one for you can be difficult to do at times. By using this comparison chart and product reviews, you can find the best snowboard helmet to keep you safe without cramping your style. Luckily, these products range in style, size, and design, so there is a little something for everyone.
Top 5 Best Snowboard Helmets – Editor’s Pick
In this comparison chart below, you can easily see how the top five products stand out from the crowd by comparing the styles, sizes, ratings, and colors.
|Product Name||Anon Rodan Helmet||SUNVP Ski Helmet||Anon Women’s Greta Helmet||Giro Launch Snow Helmet Kid’s||Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet|
|Color||Black/Blue||White/Red||White||Mat Bright Red||Blue|
|Editor’s Rating||5 of 5 Stars||4,9 of 5 stars||4,5 of 5 stars||4,6 of 5 stars||4,2 of 5 stars|
10. Demon Phantom Helmet
Ideal for: Adult skiers and snowboarders
This helmet is made with several amazing features in mind. With built-in audio capabilities and cool vents on the front and back of the helmet, you will be set to ride the slopes all day long. This helmet even comes with a free Balaclava face mask to keep your face from getting wind chapped on long days in the cold.
The materials used to make this helmet are produced to ensure safety on impact, made from Smooth ABS shell and EPS foam padding, the materials won’t break, leaving your head with the best protection possible. This helmet is tough yet comfy at the same time, making it one of the best snowboard helmet brands.
- The helmet is padded nicely for good support.
- The ear covers keep your ears warm in the event the coldest weather.
- Cool vents in the front and back keep your head cool during long runs.
- The audio capabilities do not come with a pause or skip option.
9. Smith Optics Unisex Sports Helmet
Ideal for: Adult snowboarders
For a wide variety of colors, this helmet has got them all. The buckle closure ensures that your chin stays supported during your run, and the helmet can even be customized with a convertible pad kit. You can put stickers and other things on this helmet.
The ventilation system works to keep your head dry but warm while you are out on the slopes, with vents on the front and back of the helmet. The helmet comes with ear pads and audio accessories capability so you can listen to music. With the goggle locking system, you can even keep your goggles in place while you snowboard.
- The fit is amazing, making it one of the most comfortable helmets.
- The sizing is spot on.
- Most any goggles will fit nicely with this helmet, so you don’t have to buy a new pair.
- The ventilation system can leave your head more exposed on colder days than other helmets.
- The goggle locking hook is not as strong as other helmet brands.
8. Traverse Vigilis 2-in-1 Convertible Helmet
Ideal for: Adult skiers and snowboarders
There is nothing more exciting than being able to use your helmet for two different things. This Traverse helmet is a convertible helmet meaning you can use it for your snow sports like skiing and snowboarding, or you can convert it to biking or skating helmet by pulling out the fleece insert and ear muffs.
You can use the adjustable knob on the back to adjust the fit of the helmet for the season, and the fleece insert is great for keeping your head warm during the winter months when you are outdoors in the snow. It also keeps your head dry with different vents to keep your body temperature regulated. This is one of the best snowboard helmet brands on the market.
- This helmet stays secure no matter the sport.
- The fleece insert keeps your head warm.
- The convertible ability is one-of-a-kind.
- With the cushioning removed, there is more wiggle room in the helmet.
7. Lucky Bums Multi-Sport Helmet
Ideal for: Adult snowboarders
This helmet style is not complete until you have sifted through the multiple color options available to you. This helmet is made with many different colors to suit your style, and you can even trust that you are getting one of the most protective helmets on the market.
The durability of this helmet is extremely high with the special materials that work to keep you safe. It comes with a fabric lining and ear pads to keep your head and ears warm during long days on the snowy slopes.
- The colors are vibrant and beautiful.
- You can adjust the sizing of the helmet with the adjustable knob.
- The fleece padding keeps your head warm and comfortable during your ride.
- Sizing is off so you should order a size up.
- The front of the helmet rides low.
6. ZIONOR Lagopus Helmet
Ideal for: Adults skiers, snowboarders, and skaters
This Zionor helmet consists of a reinforced construction that makes it a great addition to our best snowboard helmet list. Your head will be protected from strong impacts, and it is great for multiple winter sports because of the plush lining. Your head can still get fresh air since the lining is breathable, yet you will still be warm.
The chin strap is adjustable and sweat-absorbent, and the back of the helmet consists of a dial fit to keep the fit as snug and supportive as possible. The vent holes also work to give you a windproof helmet and fast air flow should you need it, which is a feature you might want coming from one of the best snowboard helmet brands.
- The fit is snug and comfortable for all day wear.
- The reinforced construction keeps your head from injury since it is meant to deal with the strong impact.
- The goggle loop on the back of the helmet keeps your goggles steady during a ride.
- The front visor comes down extremely low, which can cut into the forehead.
5. Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
Ideal for: All snowboarders
For durability, functionality, and affordability, you should look no further than this snowboarding helmet. It includes only the best in features like a padded chin strap to keep your chin secure, a goggle loop to keep your goggles from falling off the helmet, and even a double layer of protection inside the helmet.
You not only get all of these amazing features, but you are getting comfort and protection at the same time, making this helmet the perfect fit for your hardcore snowboarding lifestyle. You can even wear this best snowboard helmet all day.
- This helmet comes with an adjustable knob for sizing.
- The warm interior keeps your head warm for hours at a time.
- The helmet is lightweight as well.
- The company does not specify whether the helmet is kids or adult size.
- You should buy a size up because of sizing issues.
4. Giro Launch Snow Helmet Kid’s
Ideal for: Children snowboarders
This helmet is the perfect protection for kids who are learning to ride the slopes with ease. It comes in a wide variety of colors to match each kid’s style, and you can even pair it with the Giro youth goggles for the best use. The vents on the helmet keep the head dry during riding time as well.
The construction and fitting system are both state-of-the-art, and the vertical tuning makes it easy to adjust the helmet to the desired size. If you are worried about keeping your child’s head and neck safe during snowboarding excursions, then you have found the best helmet.
- There are many different color options for this helmet.
- With a rear adjustment, you can make sure the helmet fits snugly on your child’s head.
- The additional ear pads keep their little ears warm.
- The lining is comfortable and cozy for all day wear.
- The ear covering strap hooks tend to break easily.
3. Anon Women’s Greta Helmet
Ideal for: Women snowboarders
For a less bulky approach to a snowboarding helmet, you should try this helmet. Made specially for women, this lightweight option is great for young women snowboarders. The ear pads inside the helmet are removable for washing purposes, and the helmet even comes with a place to attach your goggles.
The helmet is extremely comfy, and the construction is of some the best on the market. Another interesting thing about this helmet is the audio accessories that you can hook into the helmet to play music while you are out on the slopes. This helmet has a great price as well, making it one of the best snowboard helmet brands on the market.
- The helmet doesn’t easily scratch.
- The snug fit is perfect for riding on the slopes all day.
- The helmet is also audio accessory compatible.
- There is no adjustable knob on the back of the helmet.
- The ear pads don’t cover everyone’s ears the same way, which might be a problem for some.
2. SUNVP Ski Helmet
Ideal for: Skiers and snowboarders
This helmet is made with a single molded piece that provides only the highest in safety features. The lightness of the helmet and the comfortable materials make it one of the best snowboarding helmets on the market. It is also one of the toughest helmets, providing you with state-of-the-art protection.
With this helmet, you will find a sweat chin pad to absorb any moisture during your run. It also keeps the head stabilized to reduce injury to this area of the face. The ear cotton pads, which are detachable, also provide warmth while out on the slopes.
- The helmet is lightweight.
- The helmet works to keep you warm and dry at the same time.
- You can adjust the helmet to your perfect fit.
- The helmet is made from cheaper materials than most expensive helmets.
- The locking mesh tends to break easily.
1. Anon Rodan Helmet
Ideal for: Adult snowboarders
If you are searching for a snowboarding helmet that keeps your head dry but warm at the same time, then you’ve found the right helmet to get the job done. Made with passive channels of ventilation, this great helmet pulls in fresh air as you ride and pulls out the moisture to keep you dry and fresh.
With side ear warmers as well, your ears will stay toasty warm. A compatible audio accessory also comes with this snowboarding helmet. You also won’t be disappointed in this snap helmet buckle that keeps your helmet securely on your head at all times.
- The colors are unique.
- The fit is snug with the BOA adjustment.
- You can add speaker inserts to the ear pads.
- The clasp is an older model clasp.
Now that you have read the product reviews, you can start by choosing the helmet that best fits your needs, size, and style. You want to make sure that you are staying protected should an accident happen, and the best way to keep your head and neck protected is by wearing the best snowboard helmet when you are out on the slopes.