When you are getting ready to hit the slopes, you should always make sure you are packing all the gear you need to enjoy your experience and stay safe while boarding. One way of doing so is by wearing the best snowboard helmet!
Snowboard helmets help protect your head and neck from injury while snowboarding.
However, finding the right one can be a bit tricky. So we are here to help!
By using the product reviews below, you can find the best snowboard helmet to keep you safe without cramping your style!
Luckily, these products range in style, size, design, and age group, so there is something for everyone.
The Best Snowboard Helmet – Editor’s Pick
In this comparison chart below, you can easily see two top features of our three favorite picks. You also get a direct pathway to them.
Get It AT
|Anon Women’s Greta Helmet||Comfortable||Small to X-Large|
|Giro Launch Snow Helmet Kid’s||In Form||Kid X-Small to Small|
|Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet||Adjustable||Small to X-Large|
10. Demon Phantom Helmet
Ideal for: Adult skiers and snowboarders
With built-in audio capabilities and cool vents on the front and back of the helmet, you will be all set to ride the slopes all day long with this helmet.
It even comes with a free Balaclava face mask that will prevent your face from getting wind chapped even after long days in the cold.
The materials used to make it will ensure your safety on impact. Namely, this Demon Phantom comes with Smooth ABS shell and EPS foam padding.
These are high-quality materials that won’t break – which means they also offer your head with the best protection possible.
This helmet is tough yet comfy at the same time, making it one of the best snowboard helmet brands.
- Comes with liner and ear pads for comfort and support
- The ear covers will keep your ears warm even in the coldest weather
- Cooling vents in the front and back – will keep your head cool during long runs
- The audio features do not come with a pause or skip option
9. Smith Optics Unisex Sports Helmet
Ideal for: Adult snowboarders
This Smith Optics product is an innovative, all-weather helmet that you can also easily customize.
For example, you can use a convertible pad kit to do so or even use stickers or other things of the kind. It is also a very practical helmet, of course.
Its buckle closure will help support your chin during your snowboard runs.
Also, while it doesn’t have adjustable venting, it does come with a Dual Regulator ventilation system. This will help keep your head and warm and dry. It makes use of the vents in the front and back of the helmet to do so.
This helmet also comes with ear pads and audio accessories features, so you can listen to music while sliding.
With its goggle locking system, you will keep your goggles in place even in case of a sudden stop.
- Great fit – one of the most comfortable helmets
- Spot on sizing – should have no problems picking one
- Most any goggles will fit nicely with this helmet, so you don’t have to buy a new pair especially for it
- The ventilation system might leave your head more exposed on colder days than other helmets
- The goggle locking hook is not as strong as expected, as per several reports
Suggested: The Best Snowboard Goggles to Use
8. Traverse Vigilis 2-in-1 Convertible Helmet
Ideal for: Adult skiers and snowboarders
There is nothing more exciting than being able to use your helmet for two different things.
This Traverse helmet is a convertible helmet meaning you can use it for your snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. Or, you can convert it into a biking or skating helmet by pulling out the fleece insert and earmuffs.
The helmet can also be easily adjusted to fit the season – it has a knob on the back just for that.
Its fleece insert is great for keeping your head warm during the winter months when you are outdoors in the snow. It also keeps your head dry with its different vents that will keep your body temperature regulated.
The fact that you can use its outer shell for other sports makes it a very versatile option too, besides being one of the best snowboard helmet picks.
- This helmet stays secure no matter what sport you’ll be using it for
- Features a removable fleece insert
- Very versatile and comfortable fit
- With the cushioning removed, there is more wiggle room in the helmet
7. Lucky Bums Multi-Sport Helmet
Ideal for: Adult snowboarders
Lucky Bums’ helmet comes in multiple color options that you’ll surely not get bored sifting through them.
You can get this helmet in the color combo that best suits your style. Also, you can rest assured that you will be getting one of the best snowboard helmets on the market as its as protective as it is colorful.
Its construction meets EN1077 STANDARDS as it made of special materials meant to make it extremely durable.
You will also stay warm and comfortable in it – features fleece padding and has ear pads.
- Comes with a Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- You can adjust the sizing of the helmet thanks to an adjustable knob
- It is vented and hypoallergenic
- Sizing is reportedly off – might be best to order a size up
- The front of the helmet rides low
Recommended: The Best Snowboard Boots for Snowy Rides
6. ZIONOR Lagopus Helmet
Ideal for: Adults skiers, snowboarders, and skaters
This Zionor helmet features a reinforced construction that makes it a great addition to our best snowboard helmet list.
Thanks to this, you know your head will be protected from strong impacts.
It is also a great option for multiple winter sports thanks to its plush yet still breathable lining.
The chin strap is adjustable and sweat-absorbent, and you can use the dial fit on the back of the helmet to keep the fit as snug and supportive as possible.
It’s got vent holes that can offer you a fast airflow – should you need it – and make it a windproof helmet.
- The fit is snug and comfortable for all-day wear
- The reinforced construction will keep your head protected from injuries
- The helmet and goggle loop on its back will keep your goggles steady during a ride
- The front visor comes down extremely low – might cut into the forehead
5. Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
Ideal for: All snowboarders
For durability, functionality, and affordability, look no further than this snowboarding helmet! It’s definitely one of the best snowboard helmet options thanks to its many great features.
For example, this Lucky Bums helmet comes with a padded chin strap that will keep your chin secure.
It’s also got a goggle loop to keep your goggles from falling off the helmet and even a double layer of protection inside the helmet.
You not only get all these amazing features, but also comfort and protection at the same time. These make it a perfect fit for a hardcore snowboarding lifestyle.
- This helmet comes with an adjustable knob for improved sizing
- Its padded interior will keep your head warm for hours on end
- Lightweight, durable, and functional helmet
- Some sizing issues reported – might be best to buy a size up
4. Giro Launch Snow Helmet Kid’s
Ideal for: Children snowboarders
This in-mold helmet will offer kids who are learning to ride the slopes with ease all the protection they need.
It comes in a wide variety of colors so they’ll also enjoy and get used to wear it. They can also be paired with some Giro Rev Children’s Snow Goggles for added protection and functionality.
The helmet’s construction and fitting system are both state-of-the-art, and the vertical tuning makes it easy to adjust the helmet to the desired size.
It’s also got vents that will keep the head dry too!
If you were worried about keeping your child’s head and neck safe during snowboarding excursions, rest assured – you’ve found a great kids helmet options.
- Comes in a variety of colors and with related accessories
- Thanks to the rear adjustment, the helmet will fit snugly on the head
- The additional ear pads will keep even little ears warm
- The lining is comfortable and cozy for all-day wear
- The ear covering strap hooks might break easily
Recommended: The Best Snowboards for Kids
3. Anon Women’s Greta Helmet
Ideal for: Women snowboarders
Look no further if a less bulky approach to a snowboarding helmet was what you were searching for. Made especially for women, this lightweight option is great for female snowboarders.
The earpads inside the helmet are removable (which makes them easy to wash), and you can also attach goggles to this helemt – comes with a specially designated place for them.
Make use of its Endura shell construction and also rest assured that you will stay comfy while doing so.
Another interesting thing about this helmet is that you can hook audio accessories to it – listen to music while you are out on the slopes.
- This helmet won’t scratch that easily
- The snug and comfy fit make it perfect for riding on the slopes all-day
- Compatible with various audio accessories
- No adjustable knob on the back of the helmet
- The earpads don’t cover everyone’s ears the same way – this might turn into a problem for some
Suggested: The Best Women Snow Boots
2. SUNVP Ski Helmet
Ideal for: Skiers and snowboarders
This helmet is made of a single molded piece that increases its safety. This, coupled with its lightness and comfortable materials make it one of the best snowboarding helmet picks on the market.
It is also one of the toughest helmets as it provides you with state-of-the-art protection.
You also get a sweat chin pad that will absorb any moisture during your run.
It also keeps the head stable to help reduce the risk of injuries.
The ear cotton pads (which are also detachable) also provide warmth while out on the slopes.
- Lightweight, comfortable, and safe helmet
- Will help keep you warm and dry at the same time
- You can adjust the helmet to make it a perfect fit
- The locking mesh tends to break easily
- Is not always available
1. Anon Rodan Helmet
Ideal for: Adult snowboarders
Made with passive channels of ventilation, this great helmet will pull in fresh air as you ride and kicks out the moisture so you’ll stay fresh and dry on the slopes.
Also, your ears will stay warm and toasty thanks to the side ear warmers.
You also won’t be disappointed by its magnetic buckle system. The Fidlock Snap Helmet Buckle will keep your helmet securely on your head at all times. It is also easy to use even one-handed or while you still have your gloves on.
As expected from one of the best snowboarding helmet options, this Anon product is also compatible with several audio accessories.
- The fit is snug thanks to its BOA adjustment
- You can add speaker inserts to the ear pads
- It is ASTM 2040, 1077B Certified
- Simple but comfortable, durable, and safe fit
- Double-check before selecting the size
Now that you have seen our picks for the best snowboard helmet picks, we hope you’ll find it easier to pick one that best fits your style and needs.
Thanks to this, you will make sure you’ll stay protected as you are riding down the slopes by keeping your head and neck protected.
So, which of these snowboard helmets did you go for? Or do you know of any others that should’ve made it on the list? Comment and let us know!
Recommended Read: The Best Snowboards to Ride this Year