Kayaking is a favorite hobby of outdoor enthusiasts during periods of warm weather. However, hauling and handling a traditional kayak can be a huge hassle. Inflatable kayaks make kayaking much more convenient, especially for those with limited storage. The list below includes the 10 best inflatable kayaks. Overall these kayaks are rated based on their features, portability, quality, and price. Consider the kayaks on this list if you are looking for the best inflatable kayak to meet your needs.
5 Best Inflatable Kayaks – Editor’s Pick
The table below shows a comparison of the features of the five best inflatable kayaks, as set forth in the list below.
|Product Name||AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana||Sevylor Quikpak||Sevylor QuikPak||Advanced Elements Firefly||Pro-Angler Fishing|
|Weight Supported||500 pounds||250 pounds||400 pounds||250 pounds||500 pounds|
|Item Weight||36,3 pounds||25,5 pounds||28 pounds||21,65 pounds||43 pounds|
|Length||12 feet||10 feet||8 feet||8 feet||13 feet|
10. Intex Challenger K1 Kayak
Ideal for: Single people, or groups of people who like to kayak in groups of individual kayaks.
The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak is a best selling kayak that comes with durable aluminum oars and a high-output air pump. The kayak seats one person but it is crafted from durable, welded material that will withstand heavy use. In addition, the kayak is made from tough materials and features inflatable I-beam floors for added stability during use.
- Cargo net to store gear
- Roomy cockpit
- Inflatable seat with comfortable backrest
- 165-pound weight limit
- can be difficult to steer
9. Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
Ideal for: Single people, those who kayak in rocky waters.
The Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak is the best inflatable kayak for those who venture into rocky waters on a regular basis. Due to the multiple air chambers, the kayak stays inflated even if one is punctured. In addition, the kayak features double lock valves that allow for easy inflation and deflation. Moreover, its 21-gauge PVC construction offers durability for rugged terrain.
- Durable materials
- Easy-to-carry backpack system that turns into a seat
- Tarpaulin bottom to protect against damage
- Color may discolor over time
- Assembling seat can be difficult
8. Sea Eagle Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package
Ideal for: Small groups who want to kayak together.
The Sea Eagle SE370K_P Inflatable Kayak is the best inflatable kayak for small groups who want to kayak together. The kayak can hold up to three people and support a weight of up to 650 pounds. It is also available as a pro package where customers receive the kayak with two deluxe seats, a foot pump, carry bag and repair kit.
- Holds up to three people
- Comes with inflatable spray skirts
- Includes two skegs that provide tracking and speed
- Tracking features can be hard to operate
- Some customers have difficult stabilizing
7. Sevylor Tahiti Hunt and Fish Kayak
Ideal for: Outdoorsmen, taller than average people.
The Sevylor Tahiti Hunt and Fish Kayak is the best inflatable kayak for hunters and fishers because its color allows it to blend into the shorelines. Taller than average people will enjoy the seats, which adjust to suit each rider’s height. Moreover, you can check out this article in case you want to get the best kayak paddle.
- Airtight system guaranteed against leaks
- Double lock valves for easy inflation and deflation
- Backrests for added comfort
- No pump, skeg, or paddles included
6. Intex Explorer K2 Yellow 2 Person Inflatable Kayak
Ideal for: Couples who kayak together.
The Intex Explorer K2 Yellow 2 Person Inflatable Kayak features 30-gauge vinyl construction, for durability in lakes and gentle rivers. It also offers two seats with comfortable backrests, making it a great option for couples who want to kayak together.
- Inflatable I-beam floors for stability
- Includes a skeg and paddles
- Water drain included
- May take on water in rough waters
5. AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak
Ideal for: Couples, those with limited space.
The AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak is a great option for those with limits on space because of its compact design. It seats two people in a roomy cockpit area and also includes comfortable backrests and supports up to 500 pounds.
- Lightweight, compact, portable
- Design somewhat asymmetrical
- Maintenance can be difficult due to bladders
4. Sevylor Quikpak K5 1-Person Kayak
Ideal for: Solo backpackers, hikers, shorter people.
The Sevylor Quikpack K5 1-Person Kayak converts into a backpack and a seat, making it ideal for solo hikers and backpackers who enjoy the water. In addition, it’s suitable for lake use thanks to its 24-gauge PVC construction, a tarpaulin bottom, and a polyester cover.
- Multiple air chambers protect against sinking when punctured, guaranteed not to leak
- Small seating area, shorter leg room
3. Sevylor QuikPak Coverless Sit-On-Top Kayak
Ideal for: Solo kayakers limited on time, heavier users.
The Sevylor QuikPak Coverless Sit-On-Top Kayak is the best inflatable kayak for solo hikers and riders who have limited time. The kayak converts from backpack to kayak in less than five minutes. It also holds up to 400 pounds.
- Grab and go design, guaranteed not to leak
- May be hard to maneuver for some users
- Backpack system confusing for some users
2. Advanced Elements FireFly Inflatable Kayak
Ideal for: Use on waves, beginners with limited kayaking experience.
The Advanced Elements Firefly Inflatable Kayak is the best inflatable kayak for those with less kayaking experience because of its features that make controlling the kayak easier. In addition, the kayak has a rigid bow and stern to make steering easier and a tracking fin to improve performance.
- Unique design for easy maneuverability
- Outer cover for added protection
- Not suited for rocky areas
- Some users report difficulty balancing
1. 13 Foot Pro-Angler Fishing Inflatable FK396 Kayak FK396
Ideal for: Fishermen, campers.
The 13 Foot Pro-Angler Fishing Inflatable FK396 Kayak is a great kayak for fishermen and those with campers or RVs. The kayak is easy to carry and store, making it ideal for campers with limited space or even those who love to fish but live in a small home.
- Heavy-duty PVC construction
- High-pressure air deck floor for durability
- Double layer of PVC fabric for protection against damage from fishing hooks
- Small seating area
So if you are looking for the best inflatable kayak to suit your needs, consider the products on this list. These kayaks have great features, affordable prices, and are easy to transport. Have you found any other great inflatable kayaks? If so, please comment and share the information!