Hiking without the proper clothing is just as dangerous as hiking without the proper gear. So it’s just as important to have the best hiking pants for women as it is to have waterproof hiking shoes or a map or a headlamp.
Also, when it comes to your pants, they should be the right material (e.g. breathable), fit well, and have the proper length as to protect your legs but not get in the way.
To help you find the right clothing, we came up with a list of the best hiking pants for women!
Top 5 Best Hiking Pants for Women – Editor’s Pick
The table found below takes a quick look at some of the features of our top 5 picks:
Get It AT
|Camii Mia Women’s Hiking Fleece Pants||97% nylon/3% spandex||No|
|Columbia Saturday Trail II Knee Pant||96% Nylon/4% Elastane||No|
|Nonwe Women’s Convertible Cargo Pants||88% Nylon/12% Spandex||Yes/Zipper|
|prAna Women’s Halle Pant||97% Nylon/3% Spandex||Yes/Roll-up leg|
|Columbia Women’s Boot Cut||96% Nylon/4% Elastane||No|
10. BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Fleece Slim Cargo Pants
Ideal for: Long hikes, skiing, mountaneering, camping various snowy weather conditions
To start off the list of the best hiking pants for women, we’ll begin by presenting you with a great pair from BenBoy.
These stylish pants have a slim fit that doesn’t take away from their comfiness or protection.
You’ll be getting antistatic pants that are windproof and water-repellent. They also have a fleece lining that will keep you warm and dry and comfy.
These pants also include multiple zippered pockets that will keep your belongings safe and close at hand.
- Feature an adjustable waistband with included belt
- They have patchwork knees and steric knee darts
- Stylish, slim cut with windproof and water-repellent properties
- There have been some complaints regarding the zipper – that it broke, that it keeps unzipping
Recommended: The Best Lightweight Hiking Shoes for a Trip!
9. White Sierra Women’s Inseam Convertible Pant
Ideal for: Long hikes, shallow streams, various weather conditions
The White Sierra Women’s Convertible Pant is a good option if you’re looking for variety.
You can use the zippers on the thighs to transform these long pants into shorts. As such, you can easily adapt to the weather without having to carry several pairs of pants.
The pants are made from 100% nylon material and with their relaxed fit, you can comfortably wear them over an extended period of time.
Besides its durable water repellent fabric, these pants are also UPF sun protected.
They are flexible as well thanks to the elastic on the side waist, and deal well with dirt.
- Quick dry and comfortable fabric
- Soft material
- Travel-friendly, weather-adaptable pants
- Conflicting sizes
- Might be too loose/baggy in the leg area
8. Toomett Women’s Outdoor Zip Off Hiking Cargo Pants
Ideal for: Various outdoor activities, warm or cool (spring, summer, fall) weather
The Toomett Women’s Outdoor Cargo Pants may make a good deal of noise when you move, but they also offer the protection you seek.
While they are not completely water-resistant, they do a good job at repelling it enough for you to get through some light rain during your hike.
The pants are made from polyester and are completed by quick-dry material as well.
You will also find it easy to adjust the waistband and will probably enjoy the comfort-fit side elastic waist.
As with the previous product, this great pair of hiking pants can be transformed into shorts, if you want to.
Their cargo pocket is also deep enough to store a phone and they also feature a zipper closure for added safety.
- Good taper at the ankles
- Select breathability
- Hand and machine-washable
- UPF Sun Protection coating
- Might run small
- The material can feel rough
Suggested: Fall Backpacking & Traveling: Why It’s Such a Great Experience
7. Singbring Outdoor Hiking Mountain Pants
Ideal for: Basic/easy use, short to long hikes, various weather conditious
Next on our best hiking pants for women list we have the Singbring Outdoor Hiking Mountain Pants.
They are a great piece of hiking gear that will keep you comfortable as they withstand light winds or minor rainfall.
These pants have a soft shell polyester surface layer and are lightweight.
To help you get a better fit, they also have an adjustable waist.
The pants are available in a variety sizes as well, so you can find the perfect fit for you, and they also come in a version for men.
- Deep pockets
- Fast dry materials
- They taper down well
- Will keep you cool in warm and humid weather
- Not as waterproof as they claim
- Requires some breaking in
6. Nonwe Women’s Outdoor Cargo Pants
Ideal for: Warm to cool weather, multiple outdoor activities
Made using nylon and spandex, the Nonwe Women’s Cargo Pants have a partially adjustable waist to help you get a better, more personalized fit.
This pair of women’s hiking pants offers water-resistant features – namely, water will bead up on the fabric instead of soaking it.
They are also quick to dry in the event they ever get too wet. Also, you not only get one side pocket but two and several others too!
On top of that, the pants are lightweight and they have good breathable components to them.
- Comfortable for extended use
- Lightweight and breathable fabric
- You can hand or machine-wash them – cold water, no bleach
- Can be too noisy as you are hiking and backpacking in forests
- The sizing chart might be slightly confusing
Suggested: The Best Hiking Shoes for Women & Men!
5. Camii Mia Women’s Outdoor Hiking Fleece Pants
Ideal for: Casual to recreational use, colder temperatures, uphill/downhill
The Camii Mia Women’s Outdoor Fleece Pants are among the best hiking pants for women you can use as the weather gets really cold.
They are made from a nylon/spandex mixture and use quality fleece for their inner layer. Also, the surface layer is waterproofed.
You can rest assured they’ll keep you dry and comfortable even in long journeys in windy or snowy weather.
- Soft to the touch
- Decent flexibility
- No stretch pants with six pockets
- Low-quality stitching
- Slim fit – be sure to size up for a more relaxed fit
4. Columbia Saturday Trail II Knee Pant
Ideal for: Warm weather, casual hiking trips
If you are on the market for something truly cool, then consider these Columbia Saturday Trail II Knee Pant.
They are longer than shorts, yet just short enough as to not be considered Capri pants. You also get a hem cinch so that you can customize how tapered they are.
Additional features include a zip-closed security pocket on the right, an open pocket on the left, and Velcro-closed pockets at the back.
This nylon/elastane material has a UPF 50 sun protection factor to keep the fabric looking good even after long periods of being exposed to the sun.
The pants have a classic fit design, they feature articulated knees, and are also stain-resistant.
- Fits well around the waist
- Good amount of stretch
- OMNI-Shield technology so you won’t get dirty
- Might pull after washing
- The material can ball/scrunch up
3. Nonwe Women’s Outdoor Convertible Cargo Pants
Ideal for: Casual to recreational use, multiple weather conditions
Next on our best hiking pants for women list, The Nonwe Women’s Outdoor Convertible Cargo Pants are, as you might have guessed, another pair that you can transform into shorts if you so want to.
Still, as opposed to some other of these best hiking pants for women, the conversion is a bit trickier here. Namely, you have to first remove your shoes to do it. Nonetheless, it’s a great and actually useful feat.
More along the lines of adjustability, you can also easily change the waistband to better suit your fit.
There are plenty of pockets to work with, and a few of them are deep enough for larger items such as a phone.
The side legs and back pockets also use Velcro to help secure your items.
- Quick drying and breathable
- Hand and machine-washable – cold water and no bleach
- Lightweight, water-resistant, and sun-protected
- Might make a bit too much swish noise
- Could use a more quality stitching
2. prAna Women’s Regular Inseam Halle Pant
Ideal for: Various activities, light to heavy use
The prAna Women’s Inseam Halle Pant has a cross-functional use. Rather than unzipping the pants at the knees to convert them, you can simply roll them up to stop just below the knee.
It is secure enough that they won’t fall down no matter what you’re doing.
These pants are made with 4-way stretch nylon/spandex material which is UPF 50+ sun protected.
If you decide to wear them straight-legged, you also get articulated knees for increased flexibility.
Also they come with DWR coating and a DWR finish to repel water and also keep you dry and cool in sunny days.
- Abrasion-resistant pants
- Water-repellent and UPF protected quick-dry Stretch Zion woven fabric
- Come with hand pockets
- Useful for outdoor activities and for everyday wear
- The thighs might not be ventilated enough
- Not the most durable button closure
- You can only hand wash them
1. Columbia Women’s Anytime Outdoor Boot Cut Pant
Ideal for: Travel use, warm weather, casual and recreational
We’ll end this list of the best hiking pants for women with the Columbia Women’s Anytime Outdoor Boot Cut Pant.
These are a great option for when you are out hiking, in the great outdoors, or just for everyday wear.
The Anytime Outdoor pants are treated to resist UV rays, stains, and also have water-repelling features.
The nylon/elastane material provides you with a durable stretch fit for a variety of activities.
Also, as they are a boot cut, they should be a perfect hit, no matter the type of hiking shoes you choose.
There’s a drawstring enclosure for easier adjusting.
- Lightweight and pack up well
- Made with high-quality, resistant materials
- Use OMNI-SHIELD protection
- Stretchable and comfortable
- Might lose their shape after washing them, or have the laces get tangled
You can’t help but be a bit subjective as you are trying to decide which are the best hiking pants for women. Still, our list presents you with the best, most well-reviewed products you can get and which you’ll surely enjoy wearing.
Let us know if you feel as if we missed some great products and tell us all about them in the comment section below!
Recommended Read: The Ultimate Hiking Items Checklist: What Should Never Miss & Recommendations