It is always important to have the right kind of gear to keep your body warm and at a steady temperature, and especially so when you’re planning on spending the day out on the slopes.
So this list will help you find the best cross country ski pants by presenting you with several great options to pick from based on their specs.
Any of these products will help keep your legs warm and will have you feeling all cozy, no matter how long or how often you choose to go cross country skiing.
That fresh powder is always a dream and a delight, but it usually comes with very low temperatures and the need for increased protection against the cold. So any of these cross country ski pants will offer you just that!
5 Best Cross Country Ski Pants – Editor’s Pick
In this comparison table below, you will get a first look at the top five best cross country ski pants we selected and which we’ll discuss below.
Get It AT
|Santic Athletic Fit Sports Pants||Windproof||M – 3XL|
|Sobike NENK Winter Pants||Double layer||S – 3XL|
|Arctix Women’s Insulated Snow Pants||Insulated||X-Small – 4X|
|Baleaf Men’s Windproof Winter Pants||Fleece||S, XL, XXL|
|4ucycling Windproof Athletic Pants||Double layer||S – 4XL|
10. Sporthill Men’s Nomad II Pant
Model for: Men
This pair of pants is designed for men specifically and is made in the USA. Their elastic waistband was designed to prevent rolling and also comes with an internal drawcord.
These Sporthill Nomads work best during spring, fall, and winter, and are great running pants for men too.
They are windproof, water-resistant, soft, and quiet.
Besides being comfortable, their fabric is also fast-drying and moisture-wicking so you know you won’t get (or stay) wet during your outdoor adventures.
- Will keep you warm and dry without adding bulk
- Features 2-side seam zip pockets and ankle zippers
- Has a flat-locked inseam – chafe-free for added comfort
- 4-way stretch for maximum comfort and mobility
- Some design problems – might not fit perfectly for all body shapes
9. Jessie Kidden Women’s Outdoor Fleece-Lined Soft Shell Pants Insulated Water Wind Resistant
Model for: Women
Jessie Kidden is here with a great pair of shell pants for women that you will have no problems using for all your outdoor activities.
Their ergonomic design makes them very versatile – the knee design allows for great flexibility and stretch.
As expected, the pants are windproof and waterproof – water droplets should slide off the legs and the surface layer will block cold air.
Being fleece-lined, this pair will also keep you warm – fear not, they are soft to the touch and have anti-static properties.
- Side elastic waist completed by belt loops for a comfy fit
- Comes with zippered pockets
- Wrinkle-free, anti-static, breathable pants
- Made waterproof by their lotus leaf bionic technology
- There might be some sizing problems – check the sizing chart very carefully before ordering
8. Camii Mia Women’s Windproof Waterproof Sportswear Outdoor Fleece Pants
Model for: Women
We come with another of the best cross country ski pants, also for women, but this time, from Camii Mia.
They too are great for a variety of winter outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, skiing, cycling, and many others.
You get a weather-proof surface layer coupled with a warm and comfy fleece-lined inner layer.
These are also no-stretch pants that feature no less than six pockets.
Pay attention! These pants are a slim fit design – for a looser pair, it’s best to order a size up.
- Feature 6 pockets: 2 front slants, 2 knee pockets, 2 back pockets
- You can hand and machine wash these
- Comfortable, fashionable, and safe – zippered and buttoned closures
- Several reports that these pants are not, in fact, waterproof
- Some cases of broken zippers or falling buttons
Suggested: Stay warm and dry – especially dry – in the wettest of weather with the best pair of rain pants for women!
7. INBIKE Winter Fleece Windproof Thermal Pants for Outdoor Multi Sports
Model for: Men
Next up is a pair of thermal pants that will keep men up and running or cycling or skiing no matter the weather or snow condition.
Made by INBIKE, they will help keep you warm and comfortable as they have warmth and generally thermal locking.
You can wear them on their own or over a base layer – they have a temperature range of 20 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
This fleece pant also comes with moisture-wicking and quick-dry properties. They are also windproof and “somewhat waterproof”.
- Reflective details – increased visibility in low light and during the nighttime
- Highly-stretchable and breathable
- Comes with a high and elastic waistband for the best fit
- Sizing issues reported – might be smaller/tighter than expected – check the sizing chart
6. Geval Women’s Outdoor Windproof Waterproof Softshell Fleece Snow Pants
Model for: Women
Geval’s softshell pants are a stylish yet practical option for your next winter adventures. You can use them while hiking, camping, cycling, skiing, and many more!
They are also made of a very soft fabric that will keep you comfortable and yet protected against the elements.
That’s because they have a polar fleece inner layer and a water-repellent outer one.
Pay attention: these pants are a slim fit almost boot cut design – for a looser fit, it might be best to order a size up.
- Breathable, comfortable, and water-repellant
- Include 2 zippered pockets and have a zipper closure
- Increased flexibility without added bulk
- The belt is not included -must be bought separately
- Problems with the zippers
5. Santic Athletic Fit Sports Pants
Model for: Women and Men
These Santic versatile pants are great for many sports but especially for cross-country skiing. Their windproof fabric makes them ideal for cruising down the slopes.
Also, their fleece lining will help keep your legs warm despite the cold.
They come with zippered pockets on either side to keep your items close-by and safe at the same time.
You will also be quite visible even in the lowest of lights thanks to the reflective stripe on these pants.
Also, their breathable material should reduce excessive sweating and keep out moisture.
- Comfortable fit
- Waterproof material
- Easy to adjust zippers on the leg openings
- Might run smaller than expected
- Several users complained about their wind resistance and aspect
4. Sobike NENK Winter Pants
Model for: Men and Women
Coming in next on our list of best cross country ski pants, this Sobike pair is both waterproof and windproof meaning that you should remain dry and warm no matter the circumstances.
This pair of pants is also great for so much more than just cross country skiing – you can use them while climbing, hiking, riding, and even for everyday use.
Just as with the previous pair, you get zipped pockets to keep your belongings close-by and protected.
Also, these pants have a reflective element too for increased visibility in low-light conditions (the logo).
One thing this pair of pants lacks is padding – you would have to add this on your own.
- Feature a waterproof and windproof outer layer
- These pants are lined with soft fleece for extra comfort and warmth
- Easy to put on/take off thanks to the zipper leg opening
- Sizing issues (smaller than expected)
- Some problems with the pockets
3. Arctix Women’s Insulated Snow Pants
Model for: Women
Arctix goes all in with these insulated pants as they feature 85 grams of ThermaTech Insulation. Thanks to this, you can be sure you’ll be warm and comfy.
This same feature also makes them fit for temperatures ranging from -20 to +35 degrees. You can also rest assured: this is a low bulk, lightweight pair of pants.
Arctix also uses Denier Ballistic to reinforce the scuff, hem guards, and ankles.
The integrated boot gaiters and grippers should also keep the warmth in and the moisture out
- Come with an O-ring for your keys, gloves, etc.
- Boot zippers – easy to put on/take off
- Have an adjustable waist to ensure a comfortable fit
- Rather odd design – check the sizing and dimensions before ordering
2. Baleaf Men’s Windproof Winter Pants
Model for: Men
Men will get the best of both worlds with this pair of winter pants as they are designed to follow the body curvature (which reduces their wind resistance) and also come with an elastic waistband.
Their fleece lining will help keep you warm, while the outer layer material will offer all that much-needed wind and water resistance and protection.
You get two large hand zip-up pockets to keep your valuables, and also a rear zipped pocket that is easy to pull for ease of use even while wearing gloves.
The different reflective parts on these pants will also keep you visible even in low light.
- Made even more comfortable by their flatlock stitching
- Stitched and baggy knee area – added flexibility and freedom when moving
- Leg zippers – easy to put on/take off
- Elastic waistband that comes with an inner drawstring for a perfect fit
- Some issues with the pocket zippers
- Sizing problems and possibly a weird fit for some
1. 4ucycling Windproof Athletic Pants
Model for: Women and Men
This pair of pants is made with a double layer material that will help keep your legs dry and warm without being too clingy.
As they are also fleece thermo-lined, these pants will keep you toasty and comfy even on the coldest winter days.
The double protection works by retaining your body heat, which will keep you warm without any additional bulk.
Don’t worry about overheating, though: the material is breathable and will keep you dry.
The pants are padded and cushioned and their frontal part is also water-repellent.
They also feature zippered leg openings that are easy to adjust and which should offer the wearers all the flexibility they need.
As you are probably expecting by now, this pant’s reflective logo on the side will help keep you in the open even in the poorest lighting conditions.
Since the sizing seems to run small for US and EU customers, the company suggests you order a size up.
4ucycling also points out that besides great outdoors garments, this pair of pants can be just as comfortable and useful for indoor use.
- Made with double-layer synthetic material
- Breathable back material, water-repellent front
- Comes with pockets with sturdily-built zippers
- Heavy-duty construction
- Might not be as water-repellent as advertised
- Issues with the seams and pockets
Now that you have given our selection of best cross country ski pants a look, you can take the time and choose the pair that best suits your needs.
Once you’ve given them a try and tested them in the snow, we invite you to leave a comment with your opinion on them and help others find the best pair for them!
Remember that staying warm and safe is a key part of having fun on the cross country slopes and wintertime, in general, so always go for full (and good) equipment.
Recommended Read: Winter Wilderness – 10 Survival Tips to Get You Safely Through the Cold